Current situation in Japan
（Day-on-day changes are indicated in parentheses）
- *1：Since the announcement made on May 8, 2020, the data source for domestic cases (excluding those related to charter flights) has been an accumulation of data published by the relevant municipalities on their websites. Before that, the data was an accumulation of individual records collected by the MHLW.
- *2：The number of new positive cases is calculated by accumulating the individual number of cases (including re-positive cases) that the municipalities release to the press. Consequently, this number may differ from the increase or decrease from the previous day's total.
- *3：Some municipalities count the number of tests conducted, which causes the figures to exceed the number of people tested. For municipalities that post the number of tests conducted on their websites, the day-to-day difference is calculated as the difference in the number of tests conducted. Some municipalities include the number of people who have taken the antigen test.
- *4：The MHLW calculated the figures by subtracting the number of people who required inpatient treatment, the number of people who were discharged from hospital, the number of people who were released from mandatory convalescence, and the number of deaths from the number of positive cases. Note that the totals may not match since some prefectures do not re-count patients who tested positive after being released from mandatory convalescence and were later readmitted to hospital.
- *5：Domestic cases do not include cases of airport quarantine, regardless of whether a municipality (the data source) may have enumerated such figures in their publications.
- *6：The number of people requiring inpatient treatment who developed severe symptoms in some municipalities is calculated using the published figures according to the municipalities’s own standards , and does not include the patients who need to be managed in the intensive care unit (ICU), etc.
- *7：Since the antigen quantitative test has been conducted in July 29, 2020, the number of test
sis also included. The number of airport
No. of positive cases
No. of people taken PCR tests
No. of people requiring inpatient treatment
No. of people who were discharged from hospital or released from mandatory convalescence (cumulative)
No. of deaths (cumulative)
No. of PCR tests conducted
No. of severely ill
Variant of Concern (VOC) cases
- As of June 7［PDF形式：1.2MB］
- As of May 31［PDF形式：1.1MB］
- As of May 24［PDF形式：1.2MB］
- As of May 11［PDF形式：1.2MB］
- As of May 4［PDF形式：1.2MB］
- As of April 27［PDF形式：1.1MB］
- As of April 20［PDF形式：1.2MB］
- As of April 13［PDF形式：1.4MB］