COVID-19: Current Japanese Border Measures
Japanese Border Measures
This section offers information about Japanese border measures, including required documents, quarantine, and restrictions. Everyone must submit your COVID-19 negative pre-test result and Questionnaire. Your quarantine depends on the classification of the country or region of your stay before arriving in Japan, and your vaccination status. Vaccination certificate can be approved only valid vaccines by the Japanese government. Those who are required isolation need to submit written pledge for health follow-up
Click on the link above to learn about the procedures applicable to entering and returning to Japan.
|Country or region of your stay before arrival||Valid vaccination certificate||Quarantine|
|No need to submit||○||×||×|
|without||○||○||3days at home *1|
|with||○||○||3days at home *1|
|without||○||○||3days at facility *2|
- *1Your isolation will be terminated if Covid-19 test is negative on the third day of isolation. You will be required quarantine for a total of 7 days if you do not take the test.
- *2Your isolation will be terminated if Covid-19 test is negative on the third day of isolation at the facility.
- Grouping of the country or region of your stay before arrival
- Required Documents and Procedures
- Certificate of COVID-19 Negative Test Result
- Type of approved vaccines
- Details for Quarantine
- Restrictions on New Entries of Foreign Nationals
Note for All Visitors to Japan
Due to the increase in the number of passengers entering Japan, quarantine procedures at airports are taking time depending on the time of arrival. In particular, Narita Airport has a high concentration of flights arriving in the evening and especially on weekends, so quarantine procedures may not be completed in time for public transportation services. It is recommended that public transportation home or connecting flight reservations be made 5 hours after the flight arrival time. For those arriving later in the evening, please plan well in advance by making reservations for lodging near the airport.
Thank you for your understanding of quarantine operations.
※Any costs incurred due to delays in quarantine procedures after flight arrival are the responsibility of the passenger.
Please cooperate to follow the rules which preventing spread of infection during your quarantine period after entering Japan.
Open 9AM to 9 PM, everyday including weekend and holidays.
- 0120-297-699（Japanese only）
- 0120-248-668（Japanese only）
Resources (in Japanese)
- COVID-19: Current Japanese Border Measures until 2022/5/31 23:59(JST)