The Comprehensive Reform of Social Security and Tax
■Reference materials on the Social Security Reform
●The Comprehensive Reform of Social Security and Tax
The overall picture of the Social Security Reform as well as the basic guidelines of the Fundamental Tax Reform which aims to secure necessary financial resources for the Social Security Reform, including Consumption Tax hike, has been presented. Furthermore, discussions have been held to put them into concrete shape.
- Definite Plan for the Comprehensive Reform of Social Security and Tax (July, 2011) (English:631KB)(Japanese:996KB)
- Vision sought by Comprehensive Reform of Social Security and Tax(January 6, 2012) (English:2,029KB)(Japanese:2,644KB)
The future projection of costs required for Social Security Benefits (Reference materials from the 10th meeting of the Council for Intensive Discussion on Social Security Reform, June 2, 2011)
●The environment surrounding and current status of the Social Security System
The basic framework of the current Social Security System was formulated in the 1960s. Since then, there have been drastic changes in social circumstances, including the acceleration of demographic aging, changes in the employment base, and those in family forms.
- Characteristics of Japan’s social security system (English:16KB)(Japanese:146KB)
- Social security system supporting people throughout their lifetime (English:327KB)(Japanese:783KB)
- Japan will rapidly age with fewer children (English:253KB)(Japanese:320KB)
- Trends in total fertility rate in other countries (English:36KB)(Japanese:165KB)
- Changes in social security expenditure (English:110KB)(Japanese:123KB)
- Changing social security system (English:46KB)(Japanese:246KB)
- Trends in Japan’s population (English:98KB)(Japanese:115KB)
- Change in the population pyramid (English:82KB)(Japanese:261KB)
- Current Social security benefits and burdens (English:44KB)(Japanese:175KB)
To see the charts(pdf file), it requires a software "Acrobat Reader".
You can get Acrobat Reader for free, please click on the next button. Get Adobe Reader