健康・医療COVID-19 Negative Test Result Certificate before departure
Presentation of Inspection Certificate for Quarantine
All entrants including Japanese citizens who do not have a valid vaccination certificate must be tested within 72 hours of departure. Those who are unable to present a valid vaccination certificate or a valid certificate of inspection will not be allowed to enter Japan, as based on Quarentine Law.
- In the country of departure, if you do not have a inspection certificate before boarding, you will be denied boarding the aircraft.
- In cases where it is difficult or truly unavoidable to obtain an inspection certificate, please consult with the diplomatic mission abroad.
A certificate is valid as long as all of the following items are satisfied.
- (2)Date of birth
- (3)Testing method for COVID-19
- (5)Specimen collection date and time
- (7)Name of medical institution
- (8)Date of issue
When using an optional form, please highlight the required items so that the inspection certificate can be confirmed smoothly.When using an optional form, it may take more time to check the certificates during boarding procedures at your point of departure and during arrival in Japan. Please make sure to use "Fast-Track" for expedited pre-screening of your documents.
- (1) [Name][Patient]etc.
- Name : YOUR NAME
- (2) [DOB][Date Of Birth]etc.
- DOB : DD/MM/YYYY
- (3) [Test]etc.
- Test : RT-PCR※May be mentione in the text
...Test is ... reverse-transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR) technique ...
- (4) [Sample Type][Specimen Type]etc.
- Sample Type : Nasopharyngeal Swab
- (5) [Collected][Collection Date]etc.
- Date Collected : DD/MM/YYYY/ 00:00
- (6) [Result]etc.
- Result : Negative (NOT detected)
- (7) [Medical institution]etc.
- Medical institution : NAME of Medical institution
※May be mentioned in the text
...This test was performed by NAME of Medical institution ...
- (8) [Report Date]etc.
- Report Date : DD/MM/YYYY/ 00:00
When using optional form, all the items must be written in English or Japanese.
The prescribed format that covers all of the requirements for a certificate can be used. Any certificate made without using the format is also valid as long as it satisfies all of the items mentioned above.
Test method is valid only for one of the following.
Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- LAMP (Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification)
- TMA (Transcription Mediated Amplification)
- TRC (Transcription Reverse-transcription Concerted reaction)
- Smart Amp (Smart Amplification process)
- NEAR (Nicking Enzyme Amplification Reaction)
- Next Generation Sequence
Quantitative Antigen Test (CLEIA/ECLIA) *
* Not a qualitative antigen test.
Sample collection method is valid only for one of the following.
- Nasopharyngeal Swab
- Nasal Swab*
- Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal Swabs
* Nasal Swab is valid when the test method is Nucleic Acid Amplification test.