健康・医療Restrictions on New Entries of Foreign Nationals
Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS)
Currently, new entry of foreign nationals from all countries/regions is temporarily suspended, and new entry is permitted only under "special circumstances". On the other hand, foreign nationals applying for new entry under (1), (2), and (3) below will be admitted as those with "special circumstances". The person responsible for receiving the applicant located in Japan must complete the prescribed application in the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS) (Japanese ver. only).
- (1)New entry for a short stay (less than 3 months) for the purpose of business, employment, etc.
- (2)New entry for a short stay (less than 3 months) for the purpose of tourism. (Only when a travel agency, etc. is responsible for receiving the applicant.
- (3)New entry for long-term stay.
- *A person in charge of receiving visitors refers to the company or organization that employs the visitor or invites the visitor for business or entertainment. Travel agency means a travel agency or travel service provider as defined in the Travel Agency Law.
- *The above (2) applies to those who enter Japan after midnight (JST) on June 10, 2022. And newly admitted foreigners based on (2) above are limited to those who enter from countries/regions classified as "BLUE" based on the new border measures (28) .
- *New Border Measures (29) (As of Thursday, May 26. Japanese ver. only)