健康・医療Important notes after entering Japan
Important notes after entering Japan
Please cooperate with the item below after entering Japan to prevent spread of infection.
- Please take the following countermeasures to prevent the spread of the infection.
- Wear a face mask and take caution to protect others from getting infected.
- Sanitize your hands thoroughly and wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid the three Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, close-contact settings).
- If you develop any symptoms, please make a phone call to the Consultation Center for Returnees and Those in Close Contact with the Virus immediately.
Inform them the region(s) you had stayed in and visit the specified medical institution.
- If you are tested positive after arriving in Japan, please cooperate with the active epidemiological investigations according to the Article 15 of the Infectious Diseases Control Law conducted by public health centers and other facilities.
During your quarantine period
Please follow below instructions during your quarantine period after entering Japan to prevent spread of infection.
(This request is made according to the Quarantine Act to prevent the spread of infection.)
- The day after date of entry is counted as day 1.
- Quarantine period is generally 5 days. The quarantine period can be changed by possession of a vaccination certificate and voluntary inspection after entry.
- Stay at an accommodation facility or at home and avoid contact with others.
- Do not use public transportation.
(Incl. trains, buses, taxis, and scheduled domestic flights)
- You can use public transportation only when you take the shortest route to your home or other destination within 24 hours after the quarantine inspection.
- Upon arriving in Japan, install the health reporting / location confirming App of the MHLW on your smartphone. Please report your health condition via app.When you receive a notification via app, please send your location. When you get a call via app, turn on the camera on your smartphone and respond.
- Please cooperate if you receive any instructions or requests from public health centers or other public organization related to the above items.
- Please check your health condition and avoid high-risk places, eating and drinking in groups, etc. until ７ days after your arrival in Japan.
Points to keep in mind
Please refer to the following for points to keep in mind in your daily life after the quarantine period.
(Information available in many languages)
- Website of the MHLW
- Provides information on points to keep in mind in everyday life and on Consultation Centers for Returnees and Those in Close Contact with the Virus if you have symptoms, such as cough or fever, after returning to Japan.
- Website of the Cabinet Secretariat
- Provides information on five situations that increase the risk of infection.